Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I'm never buying another creative product ever again.

Seriously.

I brought a 4 gig Zen Micro in March this year during the Creative Warehouse sale. Initially, all seems well, even though it came without a wall-charger.

Until roughly 2 months later.

The player would hang at the start up screen from time to time, giving me a very nice picture of the words "Creative" or "Zen Micro". Only after the removal of the battery a few times, did the firmware inside detect that the library was corrupted, needing 5 minutes or so to rebuild (I use every bit of the 4 gig space)

In june, I had to get my player replaced, after the system fried it. My dad told me of a long queue in the customer center, speaking volumes of how many people got their players spoilt.

Today, it took like a full 10 minutes to boot up, by which I had returned home, resulting in me being unable to listen to my soothing music after a rather hard day in the college.

And yes, I'm rather pissed at that time.

On top of the player malfunctioning quite frequently, the battery life is horrible, lasting roughly 4 hours at best sometimes (full charge). Volume is at 15, which is a "audioable" type of volume in the streets.

Sure, Maywind may have gone though quite a bit with me, but version 2 will definately not have the words "Creative" writen on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home